“An integral part of the struggle for socialism is the struggle against the oppression of women in society and within the family and against repression based on gender and age within the existing authoritarian family, which is a cell and a scaled-down replica of repressive class society”. (from Matzpen Basic Principles).
Recommended reading on the occasion of International Women’s Day, March 8:
- Khamsin no.6 (1978): Women in the Arab World
- Khamsin no.7 (1979): Zionism, demography and women’s work, by Avishai Ehrlich
- Khamsin no.8 (1981): Book review: Nawal Saadawi’s “The Hidden Face of Eve”, by Magida Salman (Mai Ghoussoub)
- Khamsin no.11 (1984): The Women’s Question & Difficulties of Feminism in Turkey, by Pembenaz Yorgun
- Khamsin no.13 (1987): Women in the Middle East
- Khamsin no.14, (1989): Palestinian Women: Triple Burden, Single Struggle, by Rosemary Sayigh