(Translated from Rouge, a bi-monthly published in Paris as a “Journal of communist action”, 19.3.69)
The Palestine Committees were first created at the School of Political Sciences towards the end of December 1968, by militant revolutionaries. Gradually those committees spread to other faculties in Paris and the provinces.
The Palestine Committees can play a role in mobilizing response to the political events in the Middle-East. They can arm the militants who are otherwise engaged in the Action Committees.
The general assembly of the Palestine Committees took place on Monday, February 10th, 1969 in the Mutuality building. In the course of this General Assembly, the following basis of action was adopted:
- The Palestine committees were established with the aim of supporting the revolutionary struggle of the Palestinian people against Zionism and Imperialism, with American Imperialism at its head, and of actively supporting the Movement for the Liberation of Palestine.
- The Palestine Committees reject any negotiated settlement which does not recognize the national rights of the Palestinian people in the whole of Palestine, and consequently, the Palestine Committees reject the Security Council Resolution of November 22nd, 1967.
- The Palestine Committees support the popular war which is the only means of the Palestinian people to regain its historical and legitimate rights. This struggle is part of the world-wide struggle against imperialism and its objective allies, the internal oligarchies.
- The Palestine Committees support any struggle of the Palestinian liberation movement against any regime, be it Arab or not, reactionary or pseudo-progressive, which would like to eliminate or control the movement in the Palestinian struggle.
- The Palestine Committees support the Palestinian liberation movement in its wish to destroy the State of Israel as a State of theocratic, racial, colonial, capitalist and fascist structures, and to construct a non-theocratic, democratic and socialist Palestine. The Palestine Committees thus support, as the Palestinian Liberation Movement has already done, groups and militants, Jewish or other, who in Israel or elsewhere, fight for the same objectives as the Palestinian Arabs.
- The Palestine Committees struggle against Zionism and anti-semitism which are at the origin of the creation of Israel, and against the racial exploitation (anti-Jewish or anti-Arab) of the Palestinian problem, by fascist and neo-fascist groups.
- The Palestine Committees consider the revolutionary struggle of the Palestinian people as an integral part of the world revolution. It plays an important role in awakening consciousness of anti-imperialism in Europe and in France, and is in the vanguard of the revolutionary struggle of the Arab people and the Middle East.
- The Palestine Committees are co-ordinated by a group comprising two delegates from each Palestine Committee. Militants are mandated by the assembly for certain tasks and they are revocable at all times.
The Palestine Committees